Voting Assistance

Military and Overseas Citizens Can Vote. Wherever they are.

The Voting Assistance Office provides uniformed service members and their family members with information and assistance on how to request an absentee ballot and vote absentee. We will also provide civilians with information and assistance on procedures to register to vote and update voter registration information (e.g., change of address).

You can also access many voting-related questions and answers on the Federal Voting Assistance Program website.

Click the image to go to FVAP website:

Don’t forget to make your voice heard!

Contact your Unit Voting Assistance Officer for an absentee ballot form. You can also contact Tracey Hall, Installation Voting Assistance Officer, at 781-225-2765, or email at

Absentee Voters:

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) recommends military and eligible family members, who are away from their voting jurisdiction, and U.S. citizens overseas submit a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to ensure receipt of absentee ballots.

To register and request an absentee ballot, fill out the FPCA:
• Fillable:
• Hard-copy: Installation Voter Assistance Office, Military and Family Readiness Center

The following states have elections for federal office in the next 90 days:
(P) Presidential Primary
(S) State Primary
(D) District Primary
(T) Territory Primary
(R) State Runoff (Note: Runoffs mentioned will be held, only if necessary)
(SP) Special Primary Election
(SG) Special General Election
(SSP) U.S. Senate Special Primary
*Dates subject to change. Dates marked with an asterisk are updated and state approved.


May 2024

May 14: Maryland (P)(S), Nebraska (P)(S), Nebraska (SSP), North Carolina (R), West Virginia (P)(S)
May 21: California (SG), Georgia (S), Idaho (S), Kentucky (P)(S), Oregon (P)(S)
May 28: Texas (R)

June 2024 Next 30 Days

June 4: District of Columbia (P)(D), Iowa (S), Montana (P)(S), New Jersey (P)(S), New Mexico (P)(S) South Dakota (P)(S)
June 11: Maine (S), Nevada (S), North Dakota (S), South Carolina (S)
June 13: Puerto Rico (T)
June 18: Georgia (R), Oklahoma (S), Virginia (S)
Jun 25: Colorado (S) New York (S) South Carolina (R) Utah (S)

July 2024 – Next 60 Days

July 30: Arizona (S)

August 2024 – Next 90 Days

August 1: Tennessee (S)
August 3: Guam (P)(T), Virgin Islands (T)
August 6: Kansas (S), Michigan (S), Missouri (S), Washington (S)\
August 11: Hawaii (S)
August 13: Connecticut (S), Minnesota (S), Vermont (S), Wisconsin (S)
August 20: Alaska (S), Florida (S), Wyoming (S)
August 27: Oklahoma (R)

Absentee Voters Still Have Time to Register and Request a Ballot:
Deadline to register and request a ballot depends on your state of residency.
Check out your state’s specific deadlines via,
Candidates, contacts and links to local election offices, and the Installation Voter Assistance (IVA) Office, Military and Family Readiness Center offices: